Last night was the hardest evening I think I have or will ever have. I attended a Rosary for Joahnna and Clint's 2 day old baby daughter, Leah Grace. Nothing can prepare one for the sight of a tiny white coffin bedecked with pink flowers. She was ill from the start and only her strong sense of survival allowed her that small moment of life before she was taken back. Our prayers will be with the young family forever.
We spent, hopefully, the last night in the motel as they resealed and darkened the floors. Actually they turned out quite nicely even though we've been living out of boxes for 3 weeks. They were supposed to have a full breakfast so we got up early for some pampering. There were 3 eggs, no waffle batter, and an attendant who was having a loud conversation with a man drinking a beer out of one of those liter sized beer cans. This was 6:45 A.M. I asked for some cream cheese for my muffin, but then she left for the foyer to continue her conversation ("...it's not what you know, it's how you know. If it was what you know, I'd have a CEO job" direct quote) Another couple came in, looked for food, got some toast and coffee while we tried to get her attention. They rolled their eyes, got up and left and we finished our "breakfast". After we got up to leave, "beer man" left and she went to get some waffle batter. No one was there. I'm glad we don't have to go back, but we surely wouldn't go there again. Last week we stayed at a sister motel, same chain, and had a lovely time; should have stayed there again but they went up $12 so we changed. Bad choice.
And so ends another week. Tomorrow is Fabulous Friday and the University of North Texas Science Team is coming for some chemistry demonstrations. They come every year and are just wonderful. Smelly stuff, loud bangs, just what the kids love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment