Friday, February 19, 2010

Febraury 19, 2010

It's just one of those days. Today is the 6th anniversary of my mother's death and I feel the loss every day of my life. You just want to go back and do more, sit with her more, take her more places, make her oatmeal just one more time. Sometimes I feel her near or I'll catch a whiff of Windsong, her favorite perfume, or maybe I think I hear her voice. Such a loss you just never get over. There was an article years ago in Reader's Digest about a lady whose had to put everything of her mother's away because it screamed, "remember me". Then later on the articles only whispered. I'm to the whisper state, finally able to turn lose of those things that she had in her house, in my childhood home. I have the pictures, and now those pictures are finally enough. So Godspeed my beloved mother, I shall see you again.

And it's a happy day, too! It's my dear friend Kate's birthday! She and I met 31 years ago at a truly awful inner city school and we've seen each other through births, our kids' childhoods, one divorce, and a lovely re-marriage, parent illnesses, the death of both sets of parents and inlaws, and the death of a brother, 3 graduate degrees, various certifications, and then the marriages of all our kids. Hopefully we will also share the birth of grandkids! So Happy Birthday Kate! I love ya!

Busy week..No stitching at all. I worked 3 days and stayed late Thursday to proctor the essay writing that the prospective students take for entry into our magnet school. Some were adorable, so serious as they wrote last night. One little guy had been taking writing lessons. These are the kids whose parents belive in the public schools and are trying to keep their kids within the system.

I am trying to finish up an old SAL as one of the parents who is a framer has offered to frame some of my needlework. I really want the alphabet by Oak Haven (Tonia Pappan) framed; otherwise it will just sit around. I am also determined to make the Ladybug chart by San Man banner for Alicia. I have the material backing, just need to stitch it up.

I won a PIF from Barbs blog...oh boy! I need to get the PIF on my blog so I have time to make something for someone else. At least I have a year! I'm waiting for another one from many months ago but I don't think I will receive it. I'll have to NOT wait because I'll forget who I'm supposed to send to. But I am thrilled as I usually don't win anything; certainly not the Bingo game, nor the NASCAR races, (I don't even know what it stands for...should look it up I guess.) and not even Trivia much anymore.

Maybe snow again next week! Wouldn't that be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment