Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1

So this was a funny day. I stayed after school to help judge the auditions for the talent show later in May. The acts ranged from a truly inspired rendition of The Entertainer by a 5th grader, a jazz duo that was awesome, modern dance, the usual songstresses to the mind blowing 4th grader who got up on stage with his tennis racquet and new yellow ball and beguiled us all with a routine of bouncing the ball on the racquet! No fooling! I had to bury my head in paperwork to keep him from seeing the tears of laughter. Then there was the girl who brought her pogo stick and jumped with no hands! There are very talented kids in the school and we did enjoy them all, even the less than stellar acts.
I took the tax papers to H&R Block and even with our "stimulus package" owe $2011. I'll complain every time I write the check to them. I then find if you are a first time home buyer, you get $8,000 from our New Age President and don't have to pay it back. AND if you buy an American car, you get $4,000 and tax free. American cars...what a misnomer. Even the American names have outsourced many of their parts. How much more can we give people who already think they are entitled to everything? Gone is the work ethic and the pride of doing for yourself; the populace now thinks the government should provide them a home and food just for existing. And how much more can you stimulate the housing, corrupt banking, and car industries? I have to, now, take out another $200 a month and send to the New Age Government so they can distribute it to people who "deserve" what I have worked all these years for. Ok so I'm just mad I have to pay the government again, but it is sad to think the incentives for working for homes, cars, and bling are slowly being phased out to Marxist theory.
I haven't had time to stitch anything this week except for a small ice cream cone on the May Oak Haven SAL. Maybe this weekend I'll try to finish up some things. My allergies are kicking up each evening so I end up with some really man-sized pressure on my head. Ghost Hunters helps me forget!!


No comments:

Post a Comment